

We have had a good week and are now preparing to come home! On our final day in the village the young boys wanted me to throw the ball with them and teach them some of the finer points of our "American pastime"! The bats and balls were donated by a former New York Yankee major league pitcher and maybe one of these young boys will someday follow his footsteps, if we can get the recruiters to come this far around the globe. I guess with internet anything is possible these days! My old pitching arm is suffering today, but it was a great time seeing them eagerly trying to catch everything I could throw or hit to them! Even the girls got into the game after several of the boys took a break. We will need to find a few more gloves to go around, and I was even surprised to see a few fellow "lefties" in the group!
No comments:
Post a Comment